Ginger essential oil is a popular essential oil with a warm, energizing aroma. It is steam distilled from the rhizome of the ginger plant and is part of the zingiberaceae family. Ginger was used anciently in India and China and was taken to the Mediterranean as early the 1st century AD. Ginger is now found throughout the world, and Ginger essential oil is found in many homes.
Ginger essential oil benefits include its topical and aromatic uses, whether the oil is being diffused during a long road trip or applied during a massage. Its spicy, invigorating aroma also makes it popular in the perfume industry.
For use as a dietary supplement, check out Ginger Vitality Essential Oil.
Ginger Essential Oil Uses
- Diffuse around your home to create a warm, uplifting environment.
- Use a USB Diffuser to freshen stale air in the car with Ginger’s refreshing aroma. It’s great for everyday errands or full-day road trips.
- Add a couple drops to Ortho Sport® Massage Oil for a post-workout massage.
- Incorporate into your morning skin care regimen to experience its energizing aroma and support healthy-looking skin.
How to Use
- Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ or olive oil and apply to desired area as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
100% pure, therapeutic-grade Ginger (Zingiber officinale) root essential oil.
*Information obtained from Young Living*