Fennel essential oil (foeniculum vulgare) is steam distilled from the crushed seeds of the fennel plant. The leafy herb is native to regions of southern Europe and Asia Minor, but it has since naturalized in locations around the world. Fennel has a rich aroma reminiscent of anise, which gives Fennel oil its licorice-like scent. Although the seeds and oil are used in flavoring, fennel’s complex aroma has also made it popular in soaps, candles, and perfumes.
There are many Fennel essential oil uses, but the oil is popularly used for aromatic applications. Its sweet, spicy aroma has a long history of encouraging grounding feelings, making it an important part of Young Living’s Dragon Time™ Massage Oil and Prenolone® Plus Body Cream.
For use as a dietary supplement, check out Fennel Vitality Essential Oil.
Fennel Essential Oil Uses
- Diffuse at work or while studying to create a grounded environment.
- Reduce the appearance of pores by applying a neutral facial toner and 1–2 drops Fennel on freshly washed skin.
- Use Fennel’s cleansing benefits by adding a few drops to a gentle facial cleanser.
How to Use
- Topical: Apply 2-4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Not intended for use during pregnancy.
100% pure, therapeutic-grade Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) seed essential oil.
*Information obtained from Young Living*