The following is a list of 7 (in no particular order) blended and single essential oils to diffuse for sleep. This list is not a complete list of sleep-aiding essential oils but it is a great place to start for using essential oils to help you sleep comfortably at night!
First, I recommend Young Living essential oils. Please visit (“Why Young Living Essential Oils?“) to find out why. If you don’t already own essential oils, I recommend getting started here. If you get started with a Premium Starter Kit by Young Living, you will receive most of these recommended essential oils, along with an ultrasonic diffuser of your choice. I love Young Living’s Desert Mist Ultrasonic Diffuser, but you have other options as well. They even offer a few just for kids (Dino Leaf and Dolphin Reef)!
Here is the list:
- Lavender & Cedarwood Essential Oil. These are my favorite two essential oils to diffuse for sleep. My children and I love this combination, especially after a long stressful day. Lavender has always been well-known for its relaxing and calming aroma. Cedarwood has a warm, woodsy aroma that creates a comforting, uplifting experience. These two oils complement each other very well and help our family get settled down after a long day. I use 3-4 drops of each of these two oils together in a diffuser and start it as we are going to bed. These two are also two of Lauren Tamm‘s (militarywifeandmom.com) favorites. She says you can also add them together and apply directly to the bottom of your feet and combine with socks to have an even better experience–I think it is a great recommendation!
- Roman Chamomile Essential Oil. My husband remembers growing up drinking chamomile tea whenever he felt down or under the weather. It has a long history of being effective for aiding in comfort and when sick with a cold. It can also aid in sleep and relaxation. Young Living even recommends its use around children’s nurseries and play areas.
- Vetiver Essential Oil. This essential oils’ complex aroma helps create an uplifting environment and may also aid in sleep. It is recommended this oil be diluted with a carrier oil, such as V-6 or coconut oil first, then used in a diffuser.
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil. Ylang Ylang means “flowers of flowers” and the oil is known for its sweet, floral scent. It has many other uses besides the ability to reduce stress, anxiety, and help you sleep. In addition to these benefits, the team at organicfacts.net lists 8 other benefits of Ylang Ylang essential oil, which is worth checking out!
- Peace and Calming (or Peace and Calming II) Essential Oil (blend). Note that Peace and Calming II uses slightly different ingredients due to high demand of the oils used for Peace and Calming. These blends were specially formulated by Young Living to help promote peace and calmness. When our children were younger, we would add a few drops to their bath to help them rest before bed. It helped to calm them down and get them situated for bed-time. This oil has a very pleasant smell and helps calm the nerves. It is a perfect blend of essential oils to diffuse for sleep.
- Valor (or Valor II) Essential Oil (blend). Like Peace and Calming II, Valor II was formulated due to the high demand of Valor essential oil. Valor is a top-selling Young Living essential oil blend that is known for its uplifting scent. It can help you get ready for the day on a positive note (comes in handy as a stay-at-home mom, trust me!) and it can help you unwind at the end of the day. It can be diffused but also applied directly.
- Frankincense Essential Oil. Frankincense is also an ingredient in Young Living’s Valor and Valor II essential oil blends. Frankincense has an earthy, uplifting aroma that’s perfect for a grounding and spiritual connection. It can create a safe and comforting experience when diffused, which will help you unwind when the day is done.
Again, this list is not all-inclusive, but these are some of the most common essential oils to diffuse for sleep.
I hope this helps you get great rest (that you deserve) each and every day!
I hate SPAM and will protect your privacy. You can easily unsubscribe at any time!