Citronella Oil is steam distilled from the leafy parts of the citronella plant, also known as cymbopogon nardus. Thanks to its fresh, welcoming aroma, Citronella Essential Oil is a common element in perfumes and cosmetic products. It is well known for its use in outdoor candles, sprays, lotions, and other camping and outdoor essentials.
As a relative of lemongrass, citronella has a slight citrus scent that provides a pleasant and inviting experience whenever it’s used. Its versatility makes it a great household product to add to your beauty routine or to refresh indoor and outdoor spaces.
Citronella Essential Oil Uses
- Apply topically before and during outdoor activities.
- Use citronella’s bright scent to sweeten a custom fragrance or diffusion blend.
- Apply topically to refresh and moisturize skin.
- Use as an alternative to deodorant. Combine with Tea Tree Essential Oil for added strength.
- Create a DIY floating candle bowl to create a peaceful ambiance and pleasant aroma during outdoor parties.
How to Use
- Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6 or olive oil and apply to desired area as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
Storage: Keep in a cool, dark place.
100% pure, therapeutic-grade cymbopogon nardus (citronella) essential oil.
*Information obtained from Young Living*